We Were Once “Uncivilized” Weren’t We?
RITUAL FOR YOU:
For this week’s ritual, I dare you to dance in the mirror in your sacred sexiest getup and lick at the mirror like a wild cat… yummm… light some candles first, watch whatever videos get you in the mood, or listen to this playlist… unleash your wildness in the safety of your home… and let that twinkle stay in your eye for as long as you can.
Tomorrow, a New Lunar Cycle begins! Why do I pay attention to the moon? And why have I for 20 years? The Mystics across many cultures charted many things by the moon… I personally work with the lunar cycle to chart my emotional and spiritual path and transformation, instead of charting that by the sun. I chart and track my *external* world with the sun. I track my *internal* world with the moon. It’s also related to my feminine self – the divine feminine, the underworld, dreams, the unconscious and an aspect of spiritual life that is non-linear and numinous.
How to celebrate and ritualize a new lunar cycle?
- Refresh your home altar or shrine or sacred space with flowers, water, a candle, and whatever feels symbolic of your internal world right now.
- Read/study about the moon in the tarot, in myth, fairy tale, depth psychology and across many earth-based spiritual traditions.
- Contemplate new intentions and create your own ritual monthly to do solo or with kids and family.
- One of the amazing women in my 2020 Mentorship group, INITIATION, made a rad lunar calendar for easy tracking. Order here!
- And follow @radicalawakenings for monthly ritual ideas.