Hi Beloved Community,
Hope this finds you well.
I’ve had a business redo, pause, internal scrub in this last year and I want to share why this was essential and how it’s changed me and why pausing to let yourself mature when you’re a public person is essential to not staying stuck in a fixed identity or brand…
In 2019 and 2020, my teaching and coaching business was VERY busy and I needed to rest and recalibrate!
I took a step back and re-evaluated my business strategy, values, strengths, and marketing techniques… and my relationship to social media, of course.
And to REST and WRITE and… FALL IN LOVE!!! OFFLINE! 🙂
Taking time to OPEN to sacred partnership this last year offline was the best gift I gave myself. I have few words, but I’ll keep trying as time goes by. It’s the most beautiful, deep, confronting, intoxicatingly beautiful journey that I am currently on.
In terms of my public work/pulling my wings in a bit/contemplating who and what I wanna be publicly… the whole internal biz scrub was a journey through my own underworld, languaging, visual storytelling, new age and wellness-isms, internalized racism, privilege, self-worth, and desires for what is next and how I want to show up.
Taking time to allow our work to mature and grow and evolve feels scary AF, but, also truly necessary.
I asked myself some of these questions:
- How do we tell stories on social media responsibly?
- Where do we want to steward the influence and communication going forward?
- Where has the wellness industry eroded trust?
- Where does beauty and self-image help get a message across? Where is it slimy and destructive?
- If we become attached to one fixed brand identity, how can we evolve?
I’ve read a lot of books, essays, and articles during this time!
I came to these thoughts:
- I will keep leading ritual, holding space, asking questions, mentoring and coaching women, and making art. And keep asking myself questions about money, integrity, and practice. And re-building trust as we enter into a new era of wellness and healing.
- I will keep paying attention to whom I align with and question the new age wellness space as I have for over a decade as I plough forward in my own human journey, longing for god/love/spirit/home… writing about that soul longing, the pain I feel for all suffering, and my curiosity about life…
- And keep humbling myself, staying off pedestals, sharing resources, providing sliding scale options and scholarships and creating free content in these times of global crisis.
Fuck self-importance, some people hoarding resources while others have none, access for some and not all…
I stand for humanity.
For the Earth.
For being in the body.
For dismantling old oppressive structures.
I’m in the biz of feeling, opening, expressing, grieving, connecting, exploring and discussing. Feminine mysticism.
AND… I am super grateful to everyone who bought my book, out during a global pandemic and crisis, supported my projects over the years, and who is on this newsletter. SERIOUSLY.
After this sorta pause/re-evaluation phase, I am stoked I have space in my schedule to welcome in a few more coaching clients/mentees/women looking for transformational support.
I work on an ongoing basis with a 3-month minimum. My fave are when clients keep going deeper and deeper. I am working with 2 women right now for over a year/a year-long and it’s so deep and juicy and fun.
WHAT WE MAY WORK ON:
- Freeing your voice.
- Living from the heart and not the head.
- Learning to self-regulate the nervous system, trigger response, and become aware of patterns that prevent you from living free.
- Learning embodiment and how to be in a delicious union with your body.
- Finding the courage to write, share, speak, and live fully.
- Intimacy and Eros – working with wounds around sex, love, relating, and how to stay open and turn towards the scary things…
- And lastly… opening to men, sacred partnership after sexual trauma, trauma with dad, and childhood trauma.
So much more, but those are my faves.
I use embodiment work, vocal work, and energetic work to feel where you are stuck. Also writing, ritual, and staring straight into your obstacles and wounds with love…
Here are some of the things people have said about working one-on-one:
“In my 1-1 work with Alexandra, we worked through some major blocks I felt stood between me and the life I’m called to live. I had some long term goals going into our work together, think a 12-18 month timeframe, but she said in one of our first sessions that I can do those things in 3-6 months. I didn’t believe that was possible, but by the time we were done working together after three months, I had already made great strides to reaching those goals in the timeframe she had proclaimed. Pure magic! She has a unique ability to see and feel what you need during a session, often it would end up being something I didn’t even realize I needed. She challenged me to go deep, to really feel, in order to move through my issues, blockages and limiting beliefs, and never settled for anything less than the deepest work and the biggest expressions. I came away from our work together with a new enthusiasm for my life, practices to help me unblock myself, and tools that I can use to create the career I want.” –Karen Kiely, Coach and Healer
“I feel the open channel from my head to my roots through the work you led and supported me through, and I truly feel without a doubt where it all meets at the heart. I feel hopeful about self-love and romantic love, spiritually renewed, and deeply transformed through the work we did together. Thank you for being love. You are pure love and light!” –Taleen Kali, Creator of Dum Dum Zine & Kali Punk Yoga
“My time working with Alexandra has brought shifts in myself and my life that are unlike no other. I’ve deepened my ability to connect with self (pain, shadow sides) in turn connecting more authentically with others. She provides the space for my listening of self to expand; to dance with the full me. I get to be me! The me that loves, hurts, rages & surrenders. The me that wants to connect with others in the deepest way possible. I could go on and on about working with her and it’s impact on my life, however… what’s stopping you? You are worth it.” –Jen Robinson, Coach and Healer
Other Ways To Connect:
RADICAL AWAKENINGS EMBODIMENT METHOD:
The Radical Awakenings method is being used by multiple coaches and practitioners to assist with embodiment, emotional clearing, expression, and nervous system regulation. Stay tuned for more updates on how to work with that in the coming months!
I have two classes coming soon! One will be on Feminine Archetypes and the other on Feminine Embodiment 101 and Emotional Clearing. Stay tuned!