Healing and Transformation through Authenticity with Yung Pueblo
In today’s episode, Alexandra welcomes Diego Perez aka Yung Pueblo to the show!
Diego Perez is a meditator, writer, and speaker who is widely known on Instagram and various social media networks through his pen name Yung Pueblo. Online he has an audience of over a million people that he reaches through his written works that focus on the reality of self-healing, the movement from self-love to unconditional love, and the wisdom that comes when we truly work on knowing ourselves. His first book, Inward, quickly became a bestseller. His second book, Clarity & Connection is available for order now.
The name Yung Pueblo means young people; it serves to remind him of his Ecuadorian roots, his experiences in activism, and that the collective of humanity is in the midst of important growth. Diego’s practice of Vipassana meditation has given him a deeper understanding of liberation that inspires his writing. Through writing and speaking he aims to support the healing of the individual, knowing that when people release their personal burdens it helps humanity build a global peace.
Powered by RedCircle
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Diego’s meditation practice and level of devotion and commitment to his particular practice, and how to measure the results of whatever practice you are engaging in.
- How to feel any emotion without becoming it.
- How Diego’s practice applied to his life, surroundings, and experience in a very practical way in this past year, and how it served during a time of chaos, grief, and the unknown.
- How to have a bit of detachment from productivity or work in today’s world, and how that can actually increase your overall sense of calm and peace in your life.
- How authenticity IS transformation, and changing as a human being in your life is part of the healing journey.
- Diego’s experience of growing up for several years in poverty, and how that affected his fear response and experience of feeling constant anxiety.
- How forging a new path – whether in career, money, other measures of success – can be a healing experience for a family lineage.
- And more!
Heard in the Episode:
- The Bhagavad Gita here.
- Vipassana meditation here.
Connect with Diego:
- Buy his book Clarity & Connection here.
- Visit his website and offerings here.
- On Instagram @Yung_Pueblo
Connect with Alexandra: